Re: META: Sept. 11 and Singularity

From: Damien Broderick (d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 00:08:05 MDT

At 10:42 PM 9/12/02 -0700, Samantha Atkins wrote:

>Please make your criterion explicit. I don't think it is wise
>to indulge yourself with being cryptic about this.

>> PS: Cliff, the fact that Ben and I are speaking cryptically should be
>> enough information for you to determine what we are speaking about.
>> Hint: It has nothing to do with religion.

>> Crypticism can sometimes be very useful, and I won't tell you when, but
>> it's *always* fun.

>Well, if you want to keep people guessing and believe that is
>"fun"..

Aaiieee! They *are* being a bit Naughty but really more in the Interests of
Politeness than fun, because they think the Proscribed Person is Quite
Stupid or perhaps Daft. One clue is the person's excessive Use of Capital
Letters, a trait typical of the Ignorant and the Crank. Just guessing, you
understand.

Damien Broderick