Re: Catholics and the Singularity

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 02:37:16 MDT

Ben Goertzel wrote:

> After all, in some forms Christianity the Devil is assumed to have extreme
> intelligence, thorough scans of the world, and some ability to read human
> minds... yet the Devil does not perceive the truth of the Christian
> religion...

In the forms I am familiar with the claim is that the Devil
knows very well that dogma X (the divinity of Jesus and the
truth of salvation) is real. However, he is so perverse and
egotistical as to oppose it anyway. After all you could hardly
be an effect Opponent without such knowledge. :-)

> Buddhism is an unusually non-faith-based religion! There is a lot of
> diversity in the world's religions, of course...

Arguably, neither are many variants of Hinduism. For that
matter a lot of Christian theologians are apparently agnostics
if not out-right atheists.

- samantha