RE: Ben vs. Ben

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 21:57:42 MDT

> You know, I hate to be picky here, but isn't the shutdown code
> without the
> trigger mechanism virtually useless? Do you at least plan to put in some
> basic trigger mechanisms as I suggesting in another post or will this
> simply be "window dressing" as you put it?
>
> James Higgins

yes, we will put in a basic trigger mechanism. We will gauge the amount of
knowledge in the system as the amount of TruthValue in all the links in the
system. Although in the early stages, a drastic increase in knowledge in
this sense will not indicate a hard takeoff, at least it will indicate
something interesting -- an interval of extremely effective system
functionality ;>

-- Ben G