RE: A CodeDOM-Aware Generative IDE

From: Stephen Reed (reed@cyc.com)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 21:17:00 MDT

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Ben Houston wrote:

> What is the equivalent of exceptions (i.e. throw, catch) in Lisp or
> Scheme? What is the best 'GUI/windowing' abstract data type library for
> Lisp or Scheme?

Common Lisp has catch and throw, and I believe that these programming
constructs originated with lisp many years ago.

CLIM is one windowing package that works on Linux. At Cycorp we use Franz
Common Lisp to develop our own lisp dialect SubL. We do not use lisp for
GUIs, only HTML and lately java. Lisp is not very portable once you get
into graphics.

-Steve

Stephen L. Reed                  phone:  512.342.4036
Cycorp, Suite 100                  fax:  512.342.4040
3721 Executive Center Drive      email:  reed@cyc.com
Austin, TX 78731                   web:  http://www.cyc.com
         download OpenCyc at http://www.opencyc.org