RE: A CodeDOM-Aware Generative IDE

From: Ben Houston (ben@exocortex.org)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 11:28:51 MDT

> > Does anyone know of other environments/languages that have more
fully
> > developed this type of development paradigm?
>
> Gosh, I don't know... lisp???
>
> This CodeDOM you're talking about seems remarkably similar in intent
> defmacro. Combine that with a dynamic IDE with some similarities to
what
> you describe... and it sure looks like a modern lisp...

Cool stuff. I guess you are right. :-)

Now I just have to figure out why I am not using Lisp or whether I
should switch languages.

I've used Scheme in my classes before but it seemed like such a toy
language. It was fairly easy to code in and I remember passing around
predicates as function parameters.

What is the equivalent of exceptions (i.e. throw, catch) in Lisp or
Scheme? What is the best 'GUI/windowing' abstract data type library for
Lisp or Scheme?

Take care,
-ben houston
http://www.exocortex.org