Re: http://www.intelligence.org/seedAI/general.html

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 22:06:13 MST

Carlo, I've often considered that I need to start a separate mailing list,
"AI-iconoclasts", apart from SL4... but in the meantime, I don't think it's
really appropriate for SL4 to discuss cognitive science proper, apart from
issues of seed AI, Friendly AI, and so on. You could send your comments to
me, of course, but not SL4. (I can't guarantee a response, though; it
depends on my workload.)

If people send me private emails shouting me down I could change my mind
about this.

Also, you may want to finish GISAI ( http://intelligence.org/GISAI/ ) before
sending in your notes. Seriously. If you're going to do the reading
anyway, there's no point in sending questions to the list now. (If you
don't do the reading, the SL4 list will just tell you to do the reading.) I
am still valiantly trying at this point to keep SL4 from becoming a "chatty"
mailing list. I would like us to continue producing thoughts that are novel
relative to the pool of all thoughts previously produced by the human
species, or at least that portion of the historical thought pool which is
indexed by Google. A corollary is trying to avoid discussion of issues
found in the archives, online material, and so on. Speaking of which, you
may want to spend some time browsing the archives (
http://sysopmind.com/archive-sl4/ ) if you haven't already.