Re: Time and Minds

From: Aaron McBride (amcbride@jps.net)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 11:16:07 MDT

I don't either, but then again, I don't expect to be able to understand
everything a Grater-than-Human AI would do. Does a dog understand why we
do what we do? Don't we do some things to a dog (perform surgery, etc...)
that they wouldn't understand in the least, even though it's for their own
good?
Also, remember that exterminating from this simulation does not mean
exterminating entirely. Who's to say that those members of the simulation
aren't imminently loaded into a new simulation.

-Aaron