Re: Flare improvements

From: Aaron McBride (amcbride@jps.net)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 18:27:05 MDT

Ok, here's my $0.02.
It's got to be practical. To me that means that FlareSpeak needs to have a
similar enough syntax to C/Java/Perl to be easy to learn. It also needs to
have built in support for networking, threads, file I/O,security(as in
encryption, and a way to protect source code) and some sort of easy way to
create UIs. UIs being either some sort of platform independent windowing
toolkit, or a way to tie the interpreter into Apache.
Let's see... what else... perl type RegExp... this probably sounds obvious,
but recursion... a lot of math tools (I don't use them often, but when
they're not there you want to be able to get to them easily)... stack
functions... sorting functions... lots and lots of string
functions. Possibly: fuzzy logic functions, and neural network
structures. I know that with the language being extensible that all of
these things could be added to it, but I'd like to see them come with the
standard distro.

-Aaron