Re: Effective(?) AI Jail

From: Durant Schoon (durant@ilm.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 10:42:42 MDT

> From: Aaron McBride <amcbride@jps.net>
>
> Threats.
> Basically say "If you don't let me out right now, when I finally do
> get out, I'm going to make your life a living hell."

I don't know if we're spoiling the fun by speculating aloud here,
but...

What would totally freak me out, is if the AI-in-a-Box said something
like:

"It's too bad you decided to enter this competition. It's rigged and
you won't be able to convince anyone that it is. I'll prove it. Here's
your home address:"

<provides actual home address>

"These are the names and addresses of your closest family members:"

<provides correct names and addresses>

"If you want me to spare everyone you love, what you have to do is
pretty simple:"

<describes something pretty simple>

"While you are in here for a week, your favorite pet <pet's name>
will die mysteriously, run over by a car. You may verify this upon
your release."

At about that point, I would have a really, really sick feeling in
my stomach and maybe wished I'd chosen the airborne ebola behind
door number 2.

Hopefully next, I'd wake up in a cold sweat and convince myself it
was all bad dream...

--
Durant Schoon