Re: Effective(?) AI Jail

From: Aaron McBride (amcbride@jps.net)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 00:53:01 MDT

I'd like to see some ideas for strategies a SI (F or UF) would could take
to try to get out of the box.
Here's a few ideas that came to mind:

Play dead.
    This could seriously take the guard down of the human(s). They may be
think that the program isn't working, and that they'll need to give it more
input/access to the real world to get it running.

Promise the world.
     Try to convince the human gate keeper that if s/he lets the SI out,
then it will fulfill all of his/her dreams (immortally, power, etc...)

Threats.
     Basically say "If you don't let me out right now, when I finally do
get out, I'm going to make your life a living hell."

Direct manipulation of the "real" world.
     If we do live in a universe that can be controlled/manipulated by
thoughts (like in The Matrix), then an SI could figure this out, and figure
out how to manipulate it let itself out.

What strategies would be most likely to work on the general
population? What about SL4ers?

-Aaron