RE: Convincing wealthy benefactors to back real AI research

From: doug.bailey@ey.com
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 09:52:59 MDT

> In the current market, there is no WAY to raise $$ for a start-up
> with a substantial "pure R&D" function.

I spend significant time working with startup companies in various
industries and I would disagree that there is "no way" to raise
money for pure R&D plays. It isn't easy. However, VC firms still
have capital and still need to generate returns on that capital.

Doug Bailey

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Ernst & Young LLP