Re: How does one publish a short book?

From: Spudboy100@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 00:09:40 MST

There are vanity presses, but they charge You, the money to publish, so any
recoup, might be done from your Singularity website (sell it from there). I
purchased Forever, For All (J.Michael Perry) from Amazon.com for 39.95. I
read the book review first from a website, Perry's if I recall. Its one of
the best books I have ever read.

The topic is Friendly AI, but I would like it if your book had some
reiteration of the future shock levels discussions of a couple of months ago.
Some of your terminology, including Sysop emergence, alpha line engineering,
ontological engineering, etc.. Certainly, its the author's choice, but it
might clarify what a Sysop
(the ultimate Friendly AI) would do on an eon to eon basis.

-Mitch