Re: [sl4] Re: META: closing the list

From: Randall Randall (randall@randallsquared.com)
Date: Mon May 09 2011 - 21:34:49 MDT

On May 9, 2011, at 11:21 PM, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> To summarize: *no one is using SL4*. If a ML is not being used, why
> should it remain active?

I'm not greatly against shutting the list*, but I don't really understand why
you'd ask this question rather than its converse. If a ML is not being used,
and therefore presents no cognitive or server load, why bother inactivating
it? It's a potentially useful thing that would require work to dispose of.

* But, I am greatly against losing the archives. Just to be clear. Maybe
they're mirrored on lesswrong.com or somewhere?

--
Randall Randall