Re: Singularity introductions (was Re: [sl4] New Singularity FAQ)

From: Joshua Fox (joshua@joshuafox.com)
Date: Sun Feb 21 2010 - 01:14:31 MST

Yes, there is a need for a one-stop intro to the SIAI ideas. Masses of text
exist; a summary could be extracted. I wonder if Eliezer's upcoming book
will be that summary, although it may focus on rationality instead.

I agree that the "What is the Singularity" page comes most readily to mind,
but it deals with the Intelligence Explosion and not the FAI problem -- as
it it stems from the early SIAI years.

My effort in this direction is a presentation:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=780BC60094707D50 It's in Hebrew. I
might do it in English too.

Joshua