Re: [sl4] Re: goals of AI

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Nov 30 2009 - 15:35:45 MST

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 "Luke" <wlgriffiths@gmail.com> said:

> Sure, you can model the release of a hormone very simply.
> But how much hormone, and when is it released?

The important thing is not how much hormone is released but how much is
detected and which cells are able to do it; and that depends on
diffusion, a completely random process; and when it is released is of
trivial importance as it takes eons for those huge and massive molecules
to diffuse to the next galaxy, sorry I mean cell.

Please explain why electronics is incapable of simulating such a SLOW
and boneheadly unspecific way of communicating. Yep I was right, smoke
signals in the age of the internet. It's a perfect analogy, smoke
signals work by diffusion, just like hormones. And both suck.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm