Re: [sl4] Starglider's Mini-FAQ on Artificial Intelligence

From: Matt Mahoney (matmahoney@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 20:46:06 MDT

A program that knows your mental state could do anything. If it was programmed to use that knowledge to anticipate your desires and serve you, then that's what it would do. If it was programmed to kill you and take your place, then that's what it would do. Knowing what you know is necessary for friendly AI but not sufficient.
 -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@yahoo.com