Re: [sl4] FAI development within academia.

From: Roko Mijic (rmijic@googlemail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2009 - 17:16:07 MST

So my overall analysis of the situation is that, *hopefully* at some
point in the near future a community of serious academic researchers
on the question of FAI/AGI will crystallize, with an accepted research
methodology. But that certainly hasn't happened yet, and the path
towards a positive singularity will be a long one, I'm thinking 30+
years, most of which will be spent getting enough people to take the
idea seriously to start doing something about it, and getting people
to think rationally enough not to repeat the litany of blunders we
find in the history of AI. [and, not to mention, just about any other
human endeavor]

--
Roko Mijic
MSc by Research