Re: [sl4] FAI development within academia.

From: Joshua Fox (joshua@joshuafox.com)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2009 - 14:08:50 MST

There has been little research into the theory of intelligence-in-general
(non-anthropomorphic general intelligence) and recursive decision theory. (I
know of the work of SIAI affiliates and Schmidhueber-Hutter-Legg. If
there's more, I'd appreciate bibliography.)
Adding an incremental contribution to the limited existing work (which is
how most science is done), would be valuable in its own right and as a way
of raising the profile of this area in academia. Depending on how far you
go, this would not be revealing secrets, although I suppose that just
increasing the size of the field could be a risk..

If done right, the research could be connected to some existing field, at
least to the point where publication is possible.

Joshua