Re: [sl4] Please upload some molecular reintegration

From: Matt Mahoney (matmahoney@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 10:47:41 MST

--- On Tue, 2/10/09, Brad Johnson <shadow_slysar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> -> Which method of teleportation might occur first: Chemical
> -> teleportation or a spacetime physics style?
>
> > Neither.
>
> A wiseman once said never say never. I believe
> teleportation will happen someday. Human beings travel and
> get better over time. It would only be natural to bend
> spacetime to visit your Uncle in a nearby solar system in a
> few centuries.

I didn't say never. A third possibility is a software change in the program that simulates you and the universe you observe to make you believe that teleportation has occurred.

> The grandfather paradox might be a thought
> experiment to address the ethical issues of time travel but
> we are in reality making good measured strides in the
> feasability of time travel technology.

That is news to me, although again, it would just be a software change.

> Thought experiment prevails in the rest of your response
> pertaining directly to what I believe will be the
> Communication Singularity. Where if full communication
> between us all (due to improved and implanted cell
> phones in our brains) hook us all together over the
> internet, will privacy become something desired only if
> someone is ashamedof something? It is intreesting to see and
> think about all these issues. Thank you for your response!

That is the global brain model I have outlined in my AGI proposal (although brain implants are not needed).
http://www.mattmahoney.net/agi2.html

-- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@yahoo.com