Re: [sl4] Re: Uploads coming first would be good, right?.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 00:33:41 MST

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 "Krekoski Ross"
<rosskrekoski@gmail.com> said:

> That is incorrect. With complete information
> about the system, any two atoms are distinguishable.

Bullshit, and I didn’t just give a thought experiment as an example, I
showed you an experiment that was actually performed in a lab and
described in one of the most highly regarded science publications on
this planet. It described how an atom had been teleported over a
distance of one meter; it demonstrated that nothing in the scientific
method can discern any difference between it and the atom that existed a
fraction of a second ago one meter away.

You remarked “the atoms themselves weren't teleported”, I guess you
figure the atom’s soul stayed put because I can’t think of what the
hell else you could be talking about. If you can’t get over these
medieval beliefs you have no chance, the Singularity will kill you dead
dead dead. It will probably kill me too but at least I have a chance.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm