Re: [sl4] Weakening morality

From: Stefan Pernar (stefan.pernar@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 16:47:49 MST

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:29 AM, Matt Mahoney <matmahoney@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Morals are not weak or strong, only different. Whatever happens to the
> human race will be judged good from the perspective of the species that
> replaces us.

Weak morals weaken and strong morals strengthen societies. Postmodern
notions of 'everything is relative' are sounding increasingly hollow.
Objectivity when making value judgments are not only possible but necessary
in virtually every decision one makes.

The moral framework at play when answering the question "What shall I/we
do?" is the decisive factor determining the fate from the individual all the
way to nation states.

--
Stefan Pernar
Skype: Stefan.Pernar