Re: [sl4] What is the probability of a positive singularity?

From: Scott Dickey (scott@grokh.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2008 - 14:46:24 MDT

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 7:13 AM, B Ziomek <bziomek@gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the original topic, I'd agree with X. It completely depends on how
> you define humanity, which is the only ambiguous term you did not define.

Also the most difficult to define. Part of the process of developing a
positive singularity is to define what it means to be human, and which parts
are important and which are not; losing essential parts would be a negative
singularity.

Perhaps we don't know enough to even begin to make probability statements on
such things with regards to a Singularity. Whenever I try to rephrase the
question to coherently define what I meant by "humanity," it becomes a far
murkier concept.

In the interest of further discussion, I would ask that you define it
however you would like, and then assign a probability based on that
definition. Possibly even multiple definitions with different
probabilities.