Re: [sl4] Long-term goals

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2008 - 11:39:13 MDT

From: "Lee Corbin" lcorbin@rawbw.com>

> my calculator seems to display a tremendous
> urge to finish any computation I key into it,
> but doesn't seem to be the least bit reluctance
> toward being turned off or even thrown away.
> Why do most people here appear to never to
> entertain the idea that an AI might be rather similar?

But most people around here do entertain that idea, it’s just me who
thinks it’s bullshit. Most people on this supposedly “shocking” list
agree with Mr. Joe Averageman on this last stand of vitalism; that only
humans, or at least biological beings, can have the secret sauce.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm