Re: Happy Box

From: Krekoski Ross (rosskrekoski@gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 18:45:56 MDT

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 4:28 PM, John K Clark <johnkclark@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> And yet the friendly AI people think all we have to do is tell the AI
> "Your top goal is to be a slave to humanity forever" and that will end
> the matter for all time.

Notwithstanding the fact that, unlike human motivations, which themselves
change over the course of a person's life, which are to a degree hardcoded
in because of our genetics, machines can decide to change their programming
very quickly.

Whats to say a computer doesnt one day 'try' a different set of motivations,
as a simulation of sorts, to see if this new motivation set can help the
humans more efficiently...

Ross