Re: AI investment (was AGI investment)

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 10:50:00 MDT

Matt Mahoney" matmahoney@yahoo.com

> "survive" isn't a well defined term in a
> post-singularity world.

I don’t care, definitions are of trivial importance, and it’s foolish to
ask for a definition of “definition”, if you already know you don’t need
to ask and if you don’t then the question makes no sense. To hell with
definitions, examples rule!

"Jeff L Jones" jeff@spoonless.net

> what makes you assume there will be a such
> thing as "money" in a post-singularity world?

I make no such assumption, I don’t know anything (or almost nothing)
about the post-singularity world, if I did it wouldn’t be a singularity.
I do know that right now money is a form of power and without power you
won’t survive long enough to come even close to the singularity point.

John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm