Re: Arbitrarily decide who benefits (was Re: Bounded population)

From: Matt Mahoney (matmahoney@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 14:28:40 MDT

--- Jeff Herrlich <jeff_herrlich@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why not make the beneficiaries all sentient/conscious beings?

Exactly which animals and machines are sentient/conscious?

Are we asking "what should we do?" or "what will we do?"? In the former case,
we are just making statements about our evolved ethical models. In the
latter, the answer is to let the various AI, human, and hybrid groups fight it
out and adopt the rules of the surviving groups.

-- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@yahoo.com