Re: Atoms

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 10:08:25 MDT

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 "Lee Corbin" <lcorbin@rawbw.com> said:

>they are not running on the same machine

How does the program know that? And that’s the important question; I
don’t care if objectively I’m dead as long as subjectively I’m alive.

And just what is so different about these different machines? Why atoms
of course, it always comes back to atoms.

> one may be executing slightly more slowly than the other […]

A good thought experiment should be as simple and bare bones as
possible, you’re adding crappy copies and all sorts of other
complications that add nothing to understanding.

>As for different processes using the same atoms […]

Read what heartland wrote, he was talking about different atoms using
the same atoms, I don’t know what he was trying to say and I doubt if he
knows either.

   John K Clark

--
  John K Clark