Re: Quantum entaglement, human cognitive capacity

From: Stathis Papaioannou (stathisp@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 19:00:58 MST

On 07/03/2008, Bryan Bishop <kanzure@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would agree that it's almost too good to be true, since the simulation
> was a basic neural net simulation that you can take right out of a text
> book instead of anything specific to rats. So that's interesting. Hm.
> Can you link me to a ref on the accuracy of the simulation?

The only technical reference I can find is the IBM report
(http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/rd/521/djurfeldt.pdf). An effort
is made to model biological neurons, not the artificial neurons of a
computational neural net. It is a cellular level, not a molecular
level simulation. The claim is that the network gives rise to emergent
phenomena, such as mu rhythms, which are the same as those in real
cortical tissue. Of course, this does not mean that a full rat brain
simulation based on this model will be capable of ratlike cognition,
but it's a start.

--
Stathis Papaioannou