Re: Quantum entaglement, human cognitive capacity

From: Bryan Bishop (kanzure@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 16:50:49 MST

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> The recent simulation of a rat neocortical column by the IBM Blue
> Gene/L computer is claimed to accurately model real brain tissue.
> This seems almost too good to be true, but if it is, it would mean
> that simulation at the classical level is enough. It would also mean
> that simulating a human brain is only a decade or two away.

I would agree that it's almost too good to be true, since the simulation
was a basic neural net simulation that you can take right out of a text
book instead of anything specific to rats. So that's interesting. Hm.
Can you link me to a ref on the accuracy of the simulation?

- Bryan
Bryan Bishop
http://heybryan.org/