Re: Augmented Intelligence Test

From: korpios@korpios.com
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 09:39:40 MST

On 2/9/08, lucassheehan@gmail.com <lucassheehan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why do intelligence tests go out of there way to excluded tools we have at
> our disposal? Google as an example.

There seems to be a bias against recognizing a prosthetic as being
"part of someone" unless it's physically integrated into the body.
Never mind that external mental prosthetics are no different in any
meaningful way from internal ones (aside from concerns such as ease of
concealment); it's "not you". Of course using an external device is
cheating, because it's "not you" doing the work ... as if interactions
with modules of our own minds (e.g., memory) were any less opaque.