Re: Singularity Objections: SIAI, General Objections

From: Joshua Fox (joshua@joshuafox.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 07:00:36 MST

  Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
> I am not a "middle-school dropout". I did not drop out of anything. I
completed the eighth grade, > then continued to study on my own - I did not
attempt high school and then drop out of it.
I hope my message didn't come across as aggressive -- it was an attempt to
construct objections from an adversarial, perhaps even irrational,
viewpoint.

Thomas McCabe wrote:
> The main concern now is what we're going to spend it on.
This is very good news!

I imagine, though, that that won't be too difficult. There are certainly a
number of good projects which SIAI can invest a lot more money in.

Joshua