Re: Evidence that the universe is simulated.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2008 - 10:52:45 MST

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:03:34 -0800 (PST), "Matt Mahoney"
<matmahoney@yahoo.com> said:

> The universe lacks uncomputable phenomena,
> such as real-valued states

Time and space probably don’t have real valued states, but until we have
a quantum theory of gravity we can’t be certain of that.

> It [the Universe] has finite age T, finite size
> limited by the speed of light c, finite mass
> limited by G, and finite resolution limited
> by Planck's constant h.

It would seem to me that is evidence (but not proof) that we do not live
in a simulation because if we did the simulators could make c, G, and h
have any value they wanted them to have. Physics is what the simulators
say it is.

John K Clark

--
  John K Clark