Re: General summary of FAI theory

From: Rolf Nelson (rolf.h.d.nelson@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2007 - 21:30:54 MST

> This is not a fair comparison. Even adjusted for inflation, per capita
> GDP has grown enormously since WWII, by a factor of five or more in
> some countries.

Which actually makes my point even more valid; since GDP correlates with
stability in democracies, democracies are statistically less likely to fall
in the future, assuming GDP continues to grow. Telecommunications
infrastructure also (even after adjusting for GDP) correlates with
democratic stability, according to a RAND study. Of course, as with all
pre-Singularity trends, all bets are off once AGI exceeds human
intelligence.

Or are you saying that the sample size isn't enough to convince you? If so,
what sample size, or other evidence, would possibly convince you that this
is a significant phenomenon? (Anyone can feel free to e-mail me offline if
they think this is getting off-topic for SL4.)

-Rolf