Hacking your own motivational and emotional systems, how dangerous?

From: Robin Brandt (mandelum@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2007 - 07:49:34 MDT

What are your opinions on the issue of changing your own goal system in your
brain or in your potential post-singularitarian supermind.

How dangerous would it be if anyone had the right to change his motivational
system how ever she wishes?

Should it be regulated?

I look very much forward to the possibility of replacing my Darwinian drives
with a more beautiful, consistent, constructive and moral goal system!

Of course you can already do this to a certain level with your own will,
reflectivity and discipline. But you can╢t reach into your own super goal
space, of course, since it would not be a good adaption.

This relates to AI reflectivity and the friendliness stability issue. But
here the question is about multiple minds that already have a human goal
system to begin with.

This has probably been discussed a thousand times, but I have not come
across it yet, so I thought a post may be appropriate.
Any pointers to articles, blog posts or earlier discussions are welcome!

--
~Robin Brandt~
Emergence, Evolution, Intelligence