Re: Is there evidence for, "Humans are going to create an AI," to be a probable hypothesis?

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 19:22:44 MDT

William Pearson wrote:
> I can't currently get around the problem that we haven't had any
> instances of this happening.

This is known as the "availability heuristic":

You are trying to apply it in a way I've called the "absurdity heuristic":

Also humans are a counterexample. If it seems to you that the brain
is too magical to be duplicated by ordinary science, or that evolution
is too powerful for human intelligence to match, that's a whole
separate problem; but see also: