Re: The Meaning That Immortality Gives to Life

From: Dagon Gmail (dagonweb@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2007 - 04:05:42 MDT

I'd would *really* like to hear estimates of anyone willing to bother
responding
when - (If you reply give me an estimate of "likely" and "almost certain".
I will be liberally and smugly quoting these estimates to anyone within
earshot where I live.

1- we will be able to extend the lifespan of the majority of
all humans by more than one average year for every calender year

1b - .... including for people over 60

2 - we will be able to change the body of most human subjects as to
be able to live indefinitely, barring diseases

2b - ... we will be able to remove the vast majority of random afflictions,
diseases and body malfunctions

3 - we will be able to reverse aging through medical treatments and give
people a body of young adult age qualities.

4 - reconstruct physical bodies, giving subjects all singular qualities in their
body that are available as equivalents in the animal kingdom.

Estimates assuming the world will develop normally, i.e. Bush doesn't
prove to be the Dajjal, we aren't hit with random closeby GRBs, etc.