Re: Simulation argument and Occam's razor

From: Vladimir Nesov (robotact@mail.ru)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 11:31:07 MDT

Wednesday, August 29, 2007, P K wrote:

PK> The top is inverted and cancels out. We cannot make any conclusions about
PK> undetectable entities/phenomenon because each one is canceled out by its
PK> opposite undetectable entity/phenomenon.

This too doesn't seem to be well-resolved. Say, there are two possible
futures. Is it better to have mediocre results in both cases than to
have a great result in one case and slightly worse result in another?
Or equivalently: is it better to gamble under zero-sum conditions or
not to?

--
 Vladimir Nesov                            mailto:robotact@mail.ru