Re: Simulation argument in the NY Times

From: Tom McCabe (rocketjet314@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 12:52:26 MDT

Of course, you might also conclude:

 - The universe has two spatial dimensions, and is
inhabited by a race of unintelligent blocks falling
down at a constant rate.
- The universe is ruled over by a race of humanoid
extradimensional aliens.
- Your power to influence events in the universe
depends primarily on how many magic points you have.
- If you die, you can always return to an earlier time
by using a restore point, or revive yourself with a
magic mushroom.
- One, two, or at most a few dozen people in the world
display intelligence; the rest all act like idiots.
- The world has remained medieval for thousands of
years, despite the ready availability of materials
necessary to develop technology (metal, gunpowder,
wood, etc.)
- Death is an all-or-nothing process, as you can get
shot five times and live, but you always die on the
sixth time.
- The outnumbered, outgunned party usually wins the
fight.
- And a whole bunch of other absurd stuff. If this is
a simulation, why should we expect it to be any more
realistic to the simulators than video games are to
us?

 - Tom

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?