Re: Continuing Evolution in Humans (was: A very surreal day)

From: Daniel (kopacetic101@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 06:32:07 MDT

'Do you have any insight into how to influence the sharpness of the
dropoff? If the one or two or ten people who can best interact with
the AI get everything, and everyone else gets nothing, then the vast
majority of everybody loses, and specifically I will very likely lose.'

Unfortunately Tim you know as well as I do this is the way the world works.
I wish I was wrong. The first space travellers will be the wealthy (ref. air
travel), most likely they will also be the first to have any significant
interaction with future AI (after the scientists who designed them). If
"Uploading" were to become feasible in our lifetimes, I doubt I'd be
anywhere near the foodchain as there would be a queue of billionaires ahead
of me. It reminds me that in the event of a nuclear war who would be the
people in the safest environment? I wonder if "Uploading" or interaction
with a vastly superior intelligence were available today who would be really
be interacting/uploading?

Daniel