Singularitarian Principles

From: Joshua Fox (joshua@joshuafox.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 10:38:51 MDT

How should we respond to future cases where Singularitarian ends truly
justify extreme means? This is a basic moral dilemma of all ideologies,
especially those which claim to offer absolute welfare to humanity.

Eliezer's Singularitarian Principles discuss moral issues, but they don't
address hypothetical future cases where transcendent human welfare and the
prevention of total destruction (near-)provably require great, though
relatively lesser, harm.

Joshua

P.S. Standard apology: If this has been discussed, please point me to the
URL; I have sought and not found.