Re: Climate change

From: Philip Sutton (Philip.Sutton@green-innovations.asn.au)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 08:38:13 MDT

Hi Stephen,

> Is FAI possibly the only way to save the world and our species?

Hopefully not, because we are going to have to make huge reductions
(100%?) in our greenhouse gas emissions within 10 years if we are to have
much hope of avoiding setting off multiple positive feedbacks that will plunge
the world into catastrophic climate change, and it's not clear that advanced
FAI is going to be on the scene in time to have any bearing on what we do
during this critical time.

Cheers, Philip