Re: JOIN

From: ps udoname (ps.udoname@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2006 - 05:50:58 MDT

On 29/09/06, Russell Wallace <russell.wallace@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure. But brains don't ascend to godhood overnight (not in the material
> universe anyway!) and there's no evidence an upload would be able to either.

That could be a problem when it comes to a hard takeoff. Especially as the
upload might not want to change itself rapidly and dramatically for fear of
becoming a different person.

 Do I need to dig up the quotes from that era about how human-level AI was
> going to be achieved by the year 2000? :)

Just pointing out that predictions are often inaccurate in both directions.
:-)