Re: META: SL4 demographics

From: Michael Anissimov (michaelanissimov@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 16:10:24 MDT

On 9/11/06, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky <sentience@pobox.com> wrote:

> Jesus, Anissimov, that's going way too far. There's no earthly way
> anyone who doesn't already know the answer could know which answer to
> Google. For all Ricardo knows, someone is trying to see if SL4 is a
> tool of the Elders of Zion.

On the *first page* of Google results for "Ashkenazi":

"Ashkenazi Jews have the highest average IQ of any ethnic group."

20 seconds of skimming the wikipedia article, past the history stuff,
leads to the same info.

I'm pretty certain Ricardo didn't use Google.

How many people are on this list nowadays, 600? If he can waste 5
minutes finding the answer, it's better than him wasting 10 sec x 600
= 100 minutes of the lists' time.

Anyway, if I wrote an autobiography, it could very well be titled, "My
Life with the Ashkenazim". My first best friend, who lived across the
street from me before I even went to kindergarten, was Ashkenazim.
Many of my friends in elementary school were Ashkenazim. My best
friend in high school, who has recently graduated from Berkeley with a
degree in physics, is Ashkenazim. *Everywhere I go*, I run into
Ashkenazim - seemingly randomly - and we tend to click. I'm just some
random mix of northwest and southwest Russian ethnicities, but this
running into gifted Ashkenazim seems to happen to me again, and again,
and again. I might as well be putting on the yarmulke, at this point.

--
Michael Anissimov
Lifeboat Foundation      http://lifeboat.com