Re: The Conjunction Fallacy Fallacy

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 17:02:31 MDT

Russell Wallace wrote:

> I take this to mean that the topic isn't permanently banned and can be
> raised again after a reasonable interval provided it doesn't slide into
> ad hominem again; correct me if I'm wrong?

Sure. But please note that the topic was previously discussed
extensively on SL4 in January 2004 under the heading "Darwinian dynamics
unlikely to apply to superintelligence", and any discussion should
resume from there - challenging one of the assertions put forth in that
prior thread, perhaps - rather than starting over from scratch. SL4
also has a "no rehashing" rule.