Re: Measuring (quantifying) morality?

From: Damien Broderick (thespike@satx.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 14:01:13 MDT

At 12:25 PM 8/25/2006 -0700, Eliezer wrote:

>But a lot of moral *discussion* is moronic, which, if the joke needs
>a sting, provides it. In other words the joke is orthogonal to
>whether morality is believed to be subjective or objective, and
>relies simply on the listener agreeing that many specific arguments
>about morality have been stupid, with nontrivial frequency.

Yes, yes. But the framing context of *my* little joke, which
re-situated and repurposed your little joke, was, you will recall:

At 05:35 PM 8/23/2006 -0700, Eliezer wrote:

>My intuitions stand refuted.

As so often, luckily.

(Ah, those gladsome days of "objective morality",

I do not mean this to be a pissing contest, let alone Last Comic
Standing, more a reminder concerning Nemesis and hubris or at any
rate forgetfulness.

Damien Broderick