Re: A study comparing 150 IQ+ persons to 180 IQ+ persons

From: Joshua Fox (joshua@joshuafox.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 01:44:58 MDT

I don't think that the IQ topic is SL4.

But as long as it's been raised, then let me say that one should not obsess
about IQ. A cautionary tale:
http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/history.html>

What counts is accomplishment, not a number on a test.

IQ and other tests can be great tools for practical purposes, such as
providing partial criteria in filtering job candidates or in designing the
educational track for an individual. Moreover, if human-oriented tests can
one day be used to measure machine intelligence (but I don't see that
happening), we'd have another way to quantify AI efforts.

But beyond that, the map, as the saying goes, should not be mistaken for the
territory.

Joshua