Re: Donaldson, Tegmark and AGI

From: Michael Vassar (michaelvassar@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 09:52:19 MDT

But biologists already KNOW that there are lots of people who don't believe
in evolution, and they don't NEED to be reminded of that everywhere. When
they set up their discussion-places, they can set the starting assumptions
as part of the ground rules, as was done here.
One shouldn't avoid hearing opposing views, but one SHOULD stop listening to
an opposing view after having examined it and discarded it conclusively.