Re: the future god, light cones and free will

From: Phillip Huggan (cdnprodigy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 14:38:53 MDT

The Many Worlds Interpretation kills the block universe concept even though Everett never explicitly stated histories can actually merge. I'm not claiming our minds can certainly select or originate history lines (I hope they can). But the block universe concept belongs to the 19th century unless you really want to defend the undefendable Copenhagen Interpretation. The physics are there to potentially permit limited free-will (defined as: a brain selecting or originating hist ry lines based upon abstact imagination of a desired future)

micah glasser <micahglasser@gmail.com> wrote:
  I agree with John about free will. I tend toward a space-time "block universe" metaphysics which sort of rules out any kind of indeterminacy.