Re: the future god, light cones and free will

From: micah glasser (micahglasser@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 11:43:10 MDT

I agree with John about free will. I tend toward a space-time "block
universe <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_time>" metaphysics which sort
of rules out any kind of indeterminacy. The interesting thing about the
block universe model is that time is an illusion caused by perspective. So
its perfectly feasible to say that a future god interacts with the past
because when we say this we don't mean that this god changed the past - the
entire block universe merely exists all-at-once and happens to have
discontinuous space-time events that are interrelated.
Just a thought. I'm not saying I actually think this is the case just that
it is logically possible.

--
I swear upon the alter of God, eternal hostility to every form of tyranny
over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson