Re: Fun with Experimental Design [WAS: Re: The Conjunction Fallacy Fallacy]

From: nuzz604 (nuzz604@gmail.com)
Date: Sun May 07 2006 - 11:06:27 MDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles D Hixson" <charleshixsn@earthlink.net>
To: <sl4@sl4.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: Fun with Experimental Design [WAS: Re: The Conjunction Fallacy
Fallacy]

> Because those are basic things you need to get right if you're going to
> build a *desireable* AI. Imagine trapeze artists discussing the
> strength of tightwires and safety nets.

So you're saying that the Simulation Argument (counted around 46 messages
posted recently), Fermi Paradox (counted around 20 messages posted
recently), and IQ Distributions are relevant? Let's not forget the
countless number of futile posts I have seen about the Continuity of
Consciousness. Anyone can declare anything relevant just to give themselves
an excuse to bicker about it.

Mark